Monday, October 5, 2009

autopilot

Everyday there are moments I'll come to my senses and realize that I don't remember anything that just happened within the past few minutes. Most often this happens when I'm driving somewhere that is familiar to me -- I'll suddenly wake up from a daydream or daze without even having realized that I was not in a daze!

During these moments, I'm on "autopilot mode". I do things as if I'm on autopilot and get places without even thinking about what I've done. It's terrible. Because of autopilot mode, I lose things, leave my phone in places I can't find it, get lost on the road, etc. What's worse is that what usually triggers autopilot mode is that I'm deep in thought about something (lists, things to remember to do, contemplations) and when I snap out of autopilot, I completely forget my train of thought. So I think that I've had conversations with people or told them certain ideas when I actually haven't!

Maybe I'm just crazy. Schizophrenia?

1 comment:

  1. I think you were on autopilot mode during elementary school geography lessons.

    ReplyDelete