Tuesday, September 8, 2009

danke, grazie, thanks...

i've never considered myself to be one that isn't thankful -- but i realize more and more lately that i take things for granted so often and to such great lengths.

a couple people i regularly take for granted are my parents... i bite their heads off when they try to greet me in the mornings: blaming them for waking me up earlier than i had planned to. i complain when they ask me too many questions but get annoyed when they don't answer mine. basically, i'm the biggest brat when it comes to treating my parents with respect and love the way i should. and yet they provide everything for me, love me, and always try to raise me up to be a greater woman. i'm so undeserving.

but their love and sacrifice for me is a murky reflection of the perfect and unconditional love and sacrifice of God for me. the relationship i take the most advantage of is my relationship with God. and though i am a completely undeserving, sinful, and ungrateful human God still invites me to be His. this inexplicable mercy that God and my parents show me should give me enough to me thankful for during every second of my day for the rest of eternity.

... so what exactly am i waiting for?

even arch enemies like dwight and jim show their gratitude for one another -- even if it is in obscure and unconventional ways...



No comments:

Post a Comment